You’re invited to celebrate spring with art and support the many galleries & studios featuring industrial, fine and contemporary visual and performing arts/artists, regional and national, music and activities. Now more than ever, brick and mortar needs people just like you to help keep the arts alive and thriving in Seattle!!!
Join Our Newsletter & Win Seattle Tickets!
Related Seattle Events & Info:
- Win A Quest ($49): Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Discover Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest
- Easter: Seattle Easter Events, Egg Hunts, Brunch, Parades, Dinner, & More (April 16)
- Cruise: Waterways Cruises Wine Tasting Dinner Cruise with Waterbrook Winery | Promo / Discount Code, Beautiful Views, 4-Course Dinner, Beautiful Sights on Lake Union and Lake Washington (April 7)
- Dance: Bellydance Evolution presents Alice in Wonderland | Featuring a Cast of 20 International Performers, Revolutionary & Whimsical Tale (April 7-8)
Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S. over 40 locations!
The Georgetown Art Attack, held on the second Saturday each month, represents an ongoing effort by area artists to celebrate the creative diversity of Georgetown and generate public sentiment favoring preservation of this wonderful civic asset. More than 40 Georgetown enterprises participate, featuring a lively array of visual, performing, and applied arts.
We know it’s still winter so if you are walking be sure to hop on the FREE Art Ride to experience our west end studios and galleries such as Equinox Studios, studio e and SANCA. Running every 15 minutes in a full circle so you don’t miss a thing!
- Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery presents an exhibition of the recent work of visionary artist and musician Ron Regé, Jr. – What Parsifal Saw on Saturday, April 8, 6:00 to 9:00 pm thru May 10th.
- All City Coffee exhibit of large scale figurative oil paintings from local Seattle artist Sullivan Giles will be on display thru April 30th.
- Rainier Glass Studio is welcoming and collaborating with glass artist, Alan Fulley for the month of April. You’re invited to become part of the glass art experience, browse the gallery of NW artists unique blown glass art and live demonstrations at 7pm during Art Attack..
- Bridge Productions & Oxbow This April, Michelle de la Vega’s The Sugar Project will culminate in an exciting two-gallery exhibition of visual art, video, spoken word and community generated art installation produced through a partnership between curators Sharon Arnold at Bridge Productions and Gabe Kean at Oxbow Installation Gallery in Seattle’s Georgetown neighborhood. The Sugar Project is large-scale social engagement and art installation project that passionately delves into the culture of commodification and women. The core of the project builds on the paradigm that for the majority of recorded human history women have been considered as property.
- Hammie Salon presents Space Needle. April is the 55th Anniversary of the opening of Century 21, aka Seattle World’s Fair, and the Space Needle’s official opening. This local monument is well-loved by locals and is the landmark most often associated with Seattle. You may not realize how present it is in everyday life. Experience unique perspectives captured by seven local photographers. Featuring: Tracy Adams, John Cornicello, EspressoBuzz, Quintin Dorquez, Mark Griffith, Arpad Jasko and Brenda Pederson.
- Krab Jab Studios presents “A World of Fae”, featuring Iris Compiet, AM Sartor, and Virginie Ropars, with additional art by Brian and Wendy Froud. Enter the magical world of eternal twilight, where fairies, goblins, and elves abound! Opening Reception: April 8th, 6 – 9 pm with Artist Talk featuring AM Sartor at 7:30 pm
- Eight and Sand is exhibiting a Botanical group show featuring Seattle artist Rhodora Jacob. Local and national artists will be represented artist list TBA. Refreshments provided.
- Illumination Studio Would you like to see and feel the warmth of color? Come in to Illumination Studio #305, presenting Rostad and Ferrell. Rostad, explores the inner beauty of our neurological system through vibrant color and Ferrell explores spatial and color field through abstraction. Music by “DJ” Luscious Leopard Lips, who brings background music with a Theremin synthesizer and keyboards. Always changing, you’ll be glad you came by.
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall is proud to present INTERGALACTIC SESSIONS 3. This will be an out-of-this-world improv musical set, played by musicians from He Whose Ox is Gored, Noonmoon, Afrocop, plus more TBA. First set starts at 7pm, but the mall will be open from noon for all of your shopping needs. Free! All ages! See you there!
- Praxis Arts invites you to enjoy immersive art, wine, sounds & thought provoking conversation featuring Amidst Perspective, new works by Sienna Dawn. Sienna Dawn has been incredibly focused and pouring much of her time into a fresh series of paintings, transitioning from acrylics to oils and will be debuting Version 2.0 of her circular canvas paintings. Open April 8th from 6-10pm and Sunday-Tuesday from 2-6pm.
- El Sirenito will feature Ferndale artist Jill Feenstra’s latest abstract series ‘Someday, you’ll wishyou were here’ which explores her grandmother’s intimate relationship with the growing seasons through a nostalgic lens. This acrylic collection is comprised of vibrant, organic abstract paintings.
- studio e Stephanie Buer, Jon Dove, Ann Duffy, Molly Magai, and Karen Woods examine the American experience of vast-spreading urbanization and car culture in “Urban/Suburban Memories”. They rediscover slices of reality that either escape our attention, or become lodged in our subconscious due to their quotidian nature. The overall lack of human presence orchestrates the sensation of estrangement and alienation these artists unanimously capture in their work.
- Equinox Studios is a growing arts community in West Georgetown, home to over 100 artists working in an inspiring array of mediums, including dance, blacksmithing, welding, woodworking, cycle fabrication, sculpture, painting, film, glass and art performances monthly.
- Georgetown Music presents Acoustic Armageddon #34 featuring music by the best regional artists Jeff Tobin, Scott Turner, Brent Carpenter and Scott Helgason. from 6-9 pm. All ages. Free.
- The Georgetown Liquor Company is featuring the Art of Krissy Downing, showing thru 7 May 2017. “I revel in the moments that hover between asleep and awake, when what’s left of dreams is winding its way out the dimly grayed space where our heads lay and just before all the colors bleed from our mystical beings… My work is born from these moments.” – Krissy Downing
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here