Related Seattle Events & Info:
- Win A Gift Card ($100): Dine Around Seattle | Three-course Offerings at $22, $33 or $44, Craft Cocktails, Wine Flights & more! (March 5-23)
- Win Tickets ($90): Adrian Belew Power Trio w/ Saul Zonana @ The Triple Door | Seattle 2017 St. Patrick’s Day, Hard Rock, Funk, New Wave, Pop & More! (March 17)
- Win Tickets ($90): Magical Matinee @ Can Can Seattle | A Theatrical Romp Through Pike Place Market’s Colorful Past, Combing History & High Kicks (Saturdays & Sundays)
- Class: Market to Table: Culinary Tour and Cooking Class @ Pike Place Market | History, Lunch & Libations, Recipes (March 11)
- St. Patrick’s Day: USC Events presents Seattle St. Patrick’s Day Lucky @ Tacoma Dome | Knife Party, Nicky Romero, Aly & Fila, Datsik & More! (March 11)
Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S. over 40 locations!
The Georgetown Art Attack, held on the second Saturday each month, represents an ongoing effort by area artists to celebrate the creative diversity of Georgetown and generate public sentiment favoring preservation of this wonderful civic asset. More than 40 Georgetown enterprises participate, featuring a lively array of visual, performing, and applied arts.
We know it’s still winter so if you are walking be sure to hop on the FREE Art Ride to experience our west end studios and galleries such as Equinox Studios, studio e and SANCA. Running every 15 minutes in a full circle so you don’t miss a thing!
- Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery is exhibiting Other Russias: Victoria Lomasko’s Graphic Journalism. Victoria Lomasko is a fixture at Moscow’s trials and protests, documenting the tumultuous processes that shape today’s Russia. Not content to limit herself to the political life of the country’s capital, Lomasko travels around the country and through the former Soviet republics, exploring the domestic, psychological, and spiritual condition of its diverse marginalized groups. Book launch party and art exhibition. Translated artist talk at 7:00 PM on Saturday, March 11.
- All City Coffee presents new and recent large scale figurative oil paintings from local Seattle artist Sullivan Giles. Please join us for the opening reception March 11th, 6-9pm. Sullivan’s artwork will be on display March 2nd-April 30th
- Rainier Glass Studio You’re invited to become part of the glass art experience, browse the gallery of NW artists unique blown glass art and live demonstrations at 7pm during Art Attack..
- Bridge Productions This March, Bridge is excited to feature P A T H S, a new series of drawings and sculpture by emerging Seattle artist David Nelson. Combining traditional methods of assemblage, and drawing and painting alongside the use of a programmed plotter machine, Nelson playfully reframes formal aesthetics through his mixed-media constructions. 8 March – 1 April. Opening Reception 11 March6-9pm.loration of maplike forms and treatise on memory and mark-making.
- Krab Jab Studios exhibit “Angels, Totems, and Revelations”, features the art of Carrie Ann Baade, Liba W Stambollion, and Patrick McGrath Muniz Fantastical realism can not only be mystical but socially progressive; these visionary painters take on self reflection, whether coinciding with nature, grappling with time, or satirizing our current political state. Vocalist Vox Vespertinus will be performing during Art Attack.
- Eight and Sand has as a double feature for March, The Haunting of Malum Manor by Megan Wyreweden and Children of the Forest by Rebecka Woodward. Megan will have a selection of small acrylic paintings in a gothic horror style. Rebecca will have a selection of her lush collage works on view.
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall is excited to present local punk band SEMINARS, featuring a neighborhood favorite, Thom Geibel of Smarty Pants fame! Open from noon for your shopping needs, and then the band will take the stage at 7pm for your rock and roll needs. All ages! Fun! Free! Yeah!
- Georgetown Arts and Cultural Center is exhibiting “Animal Spirits”, a series of acrylic paintings by S. Jordan. Hone your knowledge of cocktails and see whimsical paintings of dogs, cats, farm animals and birds when you visit this exhibit. The artist began each painting with a cocktail name or common phrase and used a colorful palette to create a whimsical painting. 10% of proceeds goes to animal rescue orgs. Artists studios will be open for Art Attack, come see our new studio mates , painters, herbalists ,cake makers and much more..
- studio e ‘s show: Urban/Suburban Memories runs March 10th – April 15th with an opening reception on Saturday March 11th, 6-9pm. Featured artists include Stephaine Buer, Jon B. Dove, Ann Duffy, Molly Magai, and Karen Woods. Artists in this group show depict scenes from our daily lives in and around cities. These isolated scenes are connected to feeling of alienation and memories whether a fleeting moment from yesterday’s commute, or a faint and distant image, or a space full of forgotten experiences. These memories relate to the uncanny feeling of being intimately familiar, yet intrinsically different.
- Equinox Studios is a growing arts community in West Georgetown, home to over 100 artists working in an inspiring array of mediums, including dance, blacksmithing, welding, woodworking, cycle fabrication, sculpture, painting, film, glass and art performances monthly.
- Georgetown Music is featuring Acoustic Armageddon #33 featuring music by the best regional artists from 6-9 pm. All ages. Free.
- The Georgetown Liquor Company presents the Art of Krissy Downing, showing from 9 March – 7 May 2017. “I revel in the moments that hover between asleep and awake, when what’s left of dreams is winding its way out the dimly grayed space where our heads lay and just before all the colors bleed from our mystical beings… My work is born from these moments.” – Krissy Downing
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here