You’re invited to come fall in love with art and support the many galleries & studios featuring industrial, fine and contemporary visual and performing arts/artists, regional and national, music and activities. Now more than ever, brick and mortar needs people just like you to help keep the arts alive and thriving in Seattle!!!
Join Our Newsletter & Win Seattle Tickets!
Related Seattle Events & Info:
- Win Tickets ($70): French Kiss @ Seattle’s Pike Place Market Can Can | Seduction, Valentine’s Day 2017, Art, Food, Cocktails (Opens February 10)
- Win Tickets ($90): Valentine’s Day Dash @ Green Lake Park | 5K, 10K Run & Walk, Free Kid’s Dash, Mimosas, Tunnel of Love, Beer & Wine Garden, Food (February 12)
- Win Tickets ($20): Seattle #NerdNightOut: The Doubleclicks, Joseph Scrimshaw & Special Guests @ The Rendezvous | Nerd Folk, Star Wars, Cats, Dinosaurs & More! (February 11)
Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S. over 40 locations!
The Georgetown Art Attack, held on the second Saturday each month, represents an ongoing effort by area artists to celebrate the creative diversity of Georgetown and generate public sentiment favoring preservation of this wonderful civic asset. More than 40 Georgetown enterprises participate, featuring a lively array of visual, performing, and applied arts.
We know it’s still winter so if you are walking be sure to hop on the FREE Art Ride to experience our west end studios and galleries such as Equinox Studios, studio e and SANCA. Running every 15 minutes in a full circle so you don’t miss a thing!
- Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery and Regina Schilling present Hey Lady #7, a small press publication and exhibition focusing on Sylvia Rivera, the civil rights pioneer who was a crucial voice for people of color, transgender, and low income communities throughout her life.
- All City Coffee ‘s “Routine”, new works of Northwest artist and writer Starheadboy aka Dave Bloomfield will continue thru the month of February.
- Rainier Glass Studio is welcoming and collaborating with glass artist, Brandon Cupp. You’re invited to become part of the glass art experience, browse the gallery of NW artists unique blown glass art and live demonstrations at 7pm during Art Attack..
- Bridge Productions This February, Bridge is pleased to introduce Seattle painter, print-maker, and multimedia artist Sue Danielson – PERMEABILITY OF HARDNESS. Danielson’s work describes a critical, devoted attention to an accumulation of tangled line and amassed form, built from layers of paint and mixed media. Oftentimes the work resembles geographical topography data or a city map, thwarting our sense of scale; or a cryptic visual cipher in which we seek to resolve some recognizable object. Danielson’s newest body of work on paper and panel continues her exploration of maplike forms and treatise on memory and mark-making.
- The Machine House Brewery will be showing New Works from Ross Brashear A selection of portraits on paper in pastel, ink, and watercolor.
- Krab Jab Studios exhibit “Angels, Totems & Revelations” features the work of fantastical realists Carrie AnnBaade, Liba W Stambollion and Patrick McGrath Muniz. This wonderful show explores both personal truths and social justice. Artists will be in attendance during Art Attack.
- Eight and Sand has a dual feature of Maxx Follis and Alexandria Sandlin. Maxx is presenting a body of powerful portraits of people not typically represented in contemporary art, and brings them to life with bright colors and simple geometric backgrounds. Alex is presenting a group of small gouache works depicting moments of grief and mourning in a limited palette.
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall is hosting its 3rd Annual Valentines Schmalentines event: PROM NIGHT! Join us from 7pm – 9pm for prom photos, a live DJ playing the best prom ballads, and of course, awesome shopping! Come dressed in prom garb for a chance to win the title of Trailer Park Mall Royalty and to take home gifts from each shop! Free, all ages!
- Georgetown Arts and Cultural Center is exhibiting “The Struggle is Real”, A photographic series by Josh Mojica, sponsored by Inside Out Project. This powerful and raw series of portraits of refugees, documents the struggles and strength of their daily lives in the face of dislocation, fear of death and endangerment. Josh is now on his sixth mission to Greece and points beyond to help families and individuals who are struggling to find home and some sense of place in an in between place known as a refugee camp.
- El Sirenito presents Donal Murphy, an Ireland born graphic artist who will be featuring his work from The Alphabet series. This sci-fi narrative with an environmental slant, imagines forms which temporarily materialize in the air. In his own words, these elaborate characters are “being presented to us by our own environment in an attempt to communicate”.
- Illumination Studio Would you like to see and feel the warmth of color? Come in to Illumination Studio #305, presenting Rostad and Ferrell. Rostad, explores the inner beauty of our neurological system through abstraction and vibrant color and Ferrell explores spatial and color field through abstraction and planes of color. Music by “DJ” Luscious Leopard Lips, who brings background music with a Theremin synthesizer and keyboards.
- studio e presents CHRONOTOPE, curated by Netra Nei featuring Aleksey Myakishev, Junku Nishimura, Nicholas Dominic Talvola, PrzemekStrzelecki, Sasha Veledzimovich, Shannon Richardson, Yulia Kazban, and Zeb Andrews. Chronotope: Black and White Analogue Photography is a collection of photographers whose vision and style embody a time-space experience. Masterful compositions embrace emotional purity, spontaneous energy, and vast potential. The tension captured in each moment is magnetic-the unbreakable stillness of time halted overlaps a defiant space bursting with life- seemingly unready and unwilling to accept its fate as a memory of the past. Opening Reception: February 11th, 2017 6.00-9.00pm
- Equinox Studios is a growing arts community in West Georgetown, home to over 100 artists working in an inspiring array of mediums, including dance, blacksmithing, welding, woodworking, cycle fabrication, sculpture, painting, film, glass and art performances monthly.
- Counter Balance Brewing Companyâ€™s exhibit, From Grain to Tap, showcases beer production at Counterbalance Brewery in conjunction with their 2nd Anniversary, as seen through the eyes of Seattle based photographer, Clare McKenzie.
- Georgetown Music is featuring Acoustic Armageddon #32 featuring music by the best regional artists from 6-9 pm. All ages. Free.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here