What better way to welcome the New Year than supporting your local arts in Georgetown with many new and long loved galleries & studios? Featuring industrial, fine, contemporary visual and performing arts/artists, regional and national, music and live demonstrations, an inspiring family outing awaits you!
Related Seattle Events & Info:
- Win A Quest ($49): Kick Off 2017 w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure | Uncover Seattle’s Hidden Mysteries
- Win Tickets ($82): Sarah Silverman @ Paramount Theater | Emmy Winner, Comedian, Actress, Author (February 7)
- Murder Mystery: The Dinner Detective @ The Crowne Plaza | Largest Murder Mystery Dinner Show In The U.S., Saturdays, Everyone’s Suspect (Jan 14)
- Fun Run: Magnuson Series Seattle 2017 Martin Luther King, Jr Weekend Run | 5K, 10K, 15K, Kids Dash (Jan 14)
- Brunch: Wonderland Brunch @ Seattle’s Pike Place Market Can Can | An All Ages Carnival of Winter Wonder, Classic Beauty & Flirtatious Artistry (Jan 14-15)
Airport Way S corridor between Lucile S and Bailey S. over 40 locations!
The Georgetown Art Attack, held on the second Saturday each month, represents an ongoing effort by area artists to celebrate the creative diversity of Georgetown and generate public sentiment favoring preservation of this wonderful civic asset. More than 40 Georgetown enterprises participate, featuring a lively array of visual, performing, and applied arts.
We know it’s still winter so if you are walking be sure to hop on the FREE Art Ride to experience our west end studios and galleries such as Equinox Studios, studio e and SANCA. Running every 15 minutes in a full circle so you don’t miss a thing!
- Fantagraphics Bookstore & Gallery exhibit The Life and Legend of Wallace Wood examines the illustrious career of one of midcentury America’s most influential and accomplished cartoonists opens on January 14. Editor J. Michael Catron discusses the work at 7:00 PM.
- All City Coffee will be featuring “Routine”, new works of Northwest artist and writer Starheadboy aka Dave Bloomfield. This show represents the idea of being in and out of comfort zones. The last couple of months Dave has been putting himself into uncomfortable situations on purpose to shock himself out of routine. Growth is in the unknown. The medium of this show is acrylic and collage on canvas and wood.
- Rainier Glass Studio invites you to become part of the glass art experience! Browse their gallery of NW artists unique blown glass art, with live demonstrations at 7pm during Art Attack..
- Bridge Productions presents MANY LANDS, Guest Curated by Ben Gannon.OPENING RECEPTION 14 JANUARY. Many Lands, guest curated by Ben Gannon, is a comprehensive exhibition of over 20 artists in which abstract and abstracted landscapes are situated together to represent the idea of “world building”, a contextual throughline between the speculative media of both contemporary art and science fiction/fantasy genre literature.
- The Alice Gallery Continuing an annual tradition, The Alice Gallery will exhibit this group showing in a large wunderkammer-style exhibition. Closing reception is January 14 during Georgetown Art Attack.
- Krab Jab Studios and Mainframe Frame Shop are proud to announce that Mainframe has joined Krab Jab Studio in Suite 150. Mainframe is the recent acquisition of Krab Jab’s Kyle Abernethy, Heather Morrison, and Julie Baroh and specializes in custom framing. Krab Jab will continue to exhibit original works of art, such as StephaniePui-Mun Law’s Insectica series.
- Eight and Sand is proud to present the artwork of Catherine Lindquist. Catherine created an original work of art every day of 2016. She requested word promts from her social media followers then did a random pull every day. Quite a feat for any artist. These are smaller works mostly ink and watercolor and all will on be on display
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall is turning into shred town this Art Attack! Join us at 7pm while local, heavy/punk bands PissWand and The Great Goddamn play an outdoor set for all to enjoy. We’ll also throw you the warmth of a fire bin and some killer shopping throughout our 7 unique shops. Mark your calendars! Free, all ages.
- El Sirenito will feature a collection of acrylic paintings by full time teacher, artist and musician P.A. Mathison. With the recent remission of her oldest daughter’s cancer, her latest work has been focused “on the theme of living in and for each moment, with vibrancy and celebration.” Live music by local faves Michael Wohl and Tobias the Owl from 8:30PM-10:30PM.
- Base presents Jordan Spade, Solo Show: 120 Paintings. “You get the feeling that Jordan’s made thousands of paintings to get to this point, and that he has to do it every day. The kind of confidence, complexity and mayhem that exists in each work only results from that level of comfort. The painting themselves however, are quite the opposite of comforting… in the very best way possible.” – Shawn Carney, Senior Art Director at T Magazine. ONE NIGHT ONLY, Saturday January 14th, 2017. 6520 5th Ave S #122, Seattle, WA 98108
- studio e Kitsch a group show curated by Kelsey Siegert and Emily Burns of Maake Magazine runs thru January and is open for Art Attack, January 14.Kitsch features work in multiple mediums from Caroline Wells Chandler, Kyla Hansen, Caroline Larsen, Karen Lederer, Emily Silver, and Seattle based artist, Paul Komada. In conversation with one another these works elevate and challenge notions of craft, kitsch, and the politics of objecting making in the 21st century.
- Equinox Studios is a growing arts community in West Georgetown, home to over 100 artists working in an inspiring array of mediums, including dance, blacksmithing, welding, woodworking, cycle fabrication, sculpture, painting, film, glass and art performances monthly.
- The Georgetown Liquor Company will feature the art of Braden Duncan (Clockwork Art) for January in a selection of framed giclee prints featuring birds, bees & kittens. Braden is fascinated by the effects of transformative technologies on contemporary society, and she aims to take over the world with the strange and the adorable.
- Illumination Studio Would you like to see and feel the warmth of color? Come in to Illumination Studio #305, presenting Rostad and Ferrell. Rostad, explores the inner beauty of our neurological system through abstraction and vibrant color and Ferrell explores spatial and color field through abstraction and planes of color. Music by “DJ” Luscious Leopard Lips, who brings background music with a Theremin synthesizer and keyboards.
- Georgetown Music is featuring Acoustic Armageddon #31 featuring music by the best regional artists from 6-9 pm. All ages. Free.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here