We are giving away a pair of tickets to Polyrhythmics featuring Lucky Brown @ Nectar Lounge on January 31. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, January 31.

FREE SEATTLE: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Seattle. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!

——————————————————————

From our sponsors:
Polyrhythmics featuring Lucky Brown @ Nectar Lounge Polyrhythmics featuring Lucky Brown
w/ Turkuaz & and DJ Funkscribe
January 31 2014
8 p.m. Doors | $10 adv / $15 dos | 21+
More info: ticketweb.com

Nectar Lounge
412 N 36th St Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 632-2020 | More info: www.nectarlounge.com

Polyrhythmics: Original hard-driving, modern afro-beat and syncopated, horn-driven funk. That is the recipe that Polyrhythmics have crafted and delivered to packed clubs, and festival crowds up and down the west coast in the past 3 years. The 8 members of this dynamic world-beat orchestra, weave a clever web of deep, hypnotic grooves, creative, yet melodic interplay, clever horn-hooks, and searing solos that ignite every dance-floor that has laid before them.

Turkuaz is Brooklyn Power Funk. Their stage show combines influences from Sly and the Family Stone to Talking Heads into an explosive auditory and visual circus, a full-frontal assault on the senses. After multiple residencies at NYC’s Brooklyn Bowl, several blowout festival performances (Bear Creek, Mountain Jam, Strangecreek, Equifunk and Wormtown to name a few) and tours spanning the east and west coasts, Turkuaz has developed a reputation from NYC to San Francisco as the band that plays louder, faster, and harder than all the rest.

, , , , , , ,

14 Responses to Win Tickets ($30): Polyrhythmics featuring Lucky Brown @ Nectar Lounge | Funk, Soul, w/ Turkuaz & and DJ Funkscribe

1. Nick January 20, 2014 at 12:38 pm #

Would love to give the gf an early valentines day present!

2. Derek January 21, 2014 at 8:04 am #

These guys lay down some serious groves! Loved “labrador”, haven’t given “Libra Stripes” a spin yet, but I’m sure it’s just as funky. As a trumpeter myself, listening to them makes me want to jump on stage and join in on the fun.

3. Sarah Stewart January 22, 2014 at 9:13 pm #

I’d love to get down very and funky with y’all! A great way to end first semester!!

4. Alex January 23, 2014 at 2:21 pm #

I would like to get lucky and funk the night away with my favorite Seattle band!

5. Tara January 23, 2014 at 2:29 pm #

Heck yeah! Would love to get my funk on!

6. Kris January 23, 2014 at 3:15 pm #

Seriously love these guys, they are my go-to boat and summertime music albums! Haven’t seen em live yet but want to.

7. Farooq January 23, 2014 at 4:02 pm #

How can someone not want to attend this with a retro poster reminiscent of 80’s video game intros such as Test Drive, California Games, and Out Run. :D The MIDI MODder in me is already sequencing with glee!

8. Bjoern January 23, 2014 at 5:28 pm #

Awsome if I would win this!

9. Andy January 24, 2014 at 2:45 pm #

I’m going to gather up my funk suit, hop in my groove-mobile, and enjoy the evening the way I do best. Dancing awkwardly.

10. Luna January 25, 2014 at 2:25 pm #

I LOVE funk! And, it’s my birthday that weekend (a milestone one too) and it would be great to start the celebrations with some fantastic music!

11. Janine Pierce January 28, 2014 at 9:08 am #

I saw them after Fela at the Lo Fi after Fela last year and they are AMAZING! I am a Seattle Art Teacher and clearly I don’t rake in the dough BUT I did buy thier new album on vinyl for an Afro Beat loving friend of mine and would LOVE to take them to this show! Thank you :)

12. Jeremy January 29, 2014 at 11:21 am #

Saw these guys last summer when they sold out the Tractor in Ballard. Would be awesome to get my groove on!

13. ES January 30, 2014 at 7:47 pm #

I’m just a lonely soul who was in a funk band in my past life, in my wildest dreams. What better way to connect with my former self, but vicariously through the incredible Polyrhythmics!

14. Loren January 31, 2014 at 1:00 am #

I just discovered the Seattle pipeline and would love for this fresh new relationship to start off with tickets to an awesome show.