It would be impossible to preview the Seattle Seahawks playoff matchup against the New Orleans Saints at CenturyLink Field this Saturday without two simple words: Beast Mode.
No doubt, the 67-yard Marshawn Lynch run against the New Orleans Saints in the 2011 playoffs is the Seahawks moment that people started investing in the recent uptick of Seattle Seahawks Football. It has come to define the modern Seahawks strategy–execution with extreme intensity, and intimidation with army-like depth.
Saturday the Seahawks face a team who won it all in just a few years ago (2009), and have a bunch of capable weapons in coach Sean Payton, QB in Drew Brees, and TE in Jimmy Graham–the latter of whom would be great for difficult odd jobs around the house, or say, the NBA, but is a total nightmare for opposing defenses in the Red zone.
Of course, the Seahawks have plenty to bank on going into this one. They have The Beast (who now also has a burger), of course. They have a distinctive home-field advantage in the 12th man and the loudest stadium on the planet. And they have a driven leader in QB Russell Wilson, who just seems ready to will the entire franchise to a win. Also of note: not only was Wilson 22-of-30 for 310 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions, and the second-highest passer rating of his career (139.6) in his last game against the Saints pass defense, but he also has an app called “Ask Russell” that in no uncertain terms will tell you to expect a big win Saturday.
–Preview by Jeremy Hadley
Related Seattle Events & Info
- Win Tickets ($20): Publish the Quest @ Nectar Lounge | Jam Band, World Music, w/ Cascadia ’10 / Dusu Mali Band / DJ Darek Mazzone (January 10)
- Win Tickets ($20): Endangered Species + Elton Jah @ Nectar Lounge | Funk, Soul, Reggae, w/ Chaotic Noise Marching Corps and Imaginary Friends (January 11)
- Win Tickets ($30): Rebel Belly Productions Presents Time Warp 1: Myths, Gods & Legends @ Columbia City Theater | Burlesque, Beautiful, Stunning & Funny Acts (January 12)
- Art Walk: Georgetown Art Attack | Second Saturday, Neighborhood Art Walk, Participants, Map, Free (Jan 11)
- No Pants Ride: Global No Pants Day in Seattle Info + Pictures | Light Rail Ride, Photo Ops, Drinks (Jan 12)
Seattle Seahawks vs. New Orleans Saints
January 11, 2014
1:35 p.m. | FOX
More info: seahawks.com
Century Link Field
800 Occidental Ave S Seattle, WA 98134
Find gameday details, information, parking at seahawks.com
Where to Watch Seahawks in Seattle
If you didn’t snag tickets to the game, check out our list below of places to watch the game, which even includes the library, where you can be as loud as you want and everyone scores with a football-shaped cookie!
- Capitol Hill: 95 Slide | 722 E Pike St | More info: 95slide.com
- Belltown: Belltown Pub | 2322 1st Ave | More Info: belltownpub.com
- Downtown: Seattle Central Library | 1000 4th Ave | More info: spl.org
- Queen Anne/Belltown: Buckleys | 2331 2nd Ave & 232 1st Ave W | More Info: buckleysseattle.com
- University District: The Duchess | 2827 NE 55th St | More Info: Facebook page
- Northlake: Northlake Pizza Tavern | 660 NE Northlake Way | More Info: northlaketavern.com
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here