We are giving away a pair of tickets to The Return of The Prince & Michael Experience @ Nectar Lounge on January 18. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, January 17.

FREE SEATTLE: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Seattle. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!

——————————————————————

From our sponsors:
The Return of The Prince & Michael Experience @ Nectar LoungeBombhiphop.com Presents the Return of: The Prince & Michael Experience
w/ DJ Dave Paul
January 18 2014
8 p.m. | $8 | 21+
More info: ticketweb.com | More info: Facebook

Nectar Lounge
412 N 36th St Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 632-2020 | More info: www.nectarlounge.com

Dave Paul began his music career in 1984, starting as a mobile dj and evolving into a prominent college radio dj, club dj, and remixer in San Francisco. One of his 45 minute reel-to-reel megamixes was featured on commercial radio station KMEL. During the late 80s and early 90s his weekly radio show “Beat Box Fridays” on college radio station KCSF was instrumental in breaking many hip-hop records in the Bay Area market.

Utilizing various pseudonyms Paul has produced records, created the worlds first scratch tool for digital dj’s (The Ultimate Scratch CD), and remixed the classic song Cavern by Liquid Liquid (Let’s Hear It For the B-Boy Remix) for the UK label Mo Wax. In 1991 he launched the now legendary publication The Bomb Hip-Hop Magazine and in 1995 Paul transformed the magazine into a record label. The company was named one of the fifteen independent labels that matter” according to Rolling Stone and the labels Return of the DJ series was ranked by Spin Magazine as #25 in their “The 90 Greatest Albums of the 90′s” (Sept. 1999 issue), receiving a higher rating than Gold & Platinum albums by Lauryn Hill, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Green Day and Fatboy Slim. Dave Paul has been featured in URB magazine, XLR8R, appeared on the front cover of Billboard, and is featured in the motion picture Scratch. Mr. Paul has dj’ed throughout the US, toured Europe and the UK, released over 90 projects on his record label and currently produces themed dj parties including the 10 year running Prince vs Michael Experience.

, , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to Win Tickets ($16): The Return of The Prince & Michael Experience @ Nectar Lounge | DJ Dave Paul

1. Shar January 7, 2014 at 10:27 am #

Woo hoo!! My favorite SF DJ returns to Seattle for his infamous Prince v MJ show at Nectar!! I can’t wait!!

2. geriejinx January 7, 2014 at 11:04 am #

I would like to attend because I need an escape from the monotony of middle-aged divorced life. Some refreshing tunes in a club I’ve never attended sounds like a good time. Also, as a former vinyl monkey, I like to see what DJs are up to these days. Honestly, though, my life isn’t boring…

3. Carla S January 8, 2014 at 2:25 am #

My two favorite artists battling it out for pop supremacy? Yes, please!

4. Monique January 9, 2014 at 8:14 am #

Why would I like to go? Well…Who can make me dance as much as Michael J. and Prince? That’s right, Mr. David Paul himself! Oh yeah:-)

5. deb ashe January 9, 2014 at 6:52 pm #

purpurleee pleeze! ..it was one crazee week!…MOVING!!…glad to be almost done , but we could sure use a mikey break! …and add in Prince…welll well well…wel drinks too! ..

6. mary b and miss ladybug January 10, 2014 at 6:10 am #

Two PDX gals hittin’ up Seattle for the weekend, need a good time!! :D

• Laura McKiernan January 10, 2014 at 9:32 am #

I wanna “shake and shout.. and shake my body on to the ground”.. I just lost my job this week.. that’s all I got right now. Thanks for offering this up gang.

7. Shannon January 10, 2014 at 1:55 pm #

I live in Fremont and have never been to Nectar. Show me my neighborhood!

8. Cheryl Skelly January 13, 2014 at 5:02 pm #

I’m an obnoxious psycho obsessed with Prince and MJ. Let’s do this.

9. Karla January 14, 2014 at 9:37 pm #

This weekend has been designated a teachers “be free of work” where the need to end the week of intensive meetings and teaching rigorous classes with the perfect prescription. The ultimate plan: A dance party with the best tunes brought to us by San Francisco’s finest, Mr. Dave Paul. :) Please pick us. – Karla and Sharon

10. Dorothy Le January 15, 2014 at 9:12 pm #

I will be a group earlier in the day. We all love this fantastic music. We were looking for a place to go in the evening, this would be the perfect place.

11. Laurie January 16, 2014 at 8:55 am #

Who doesn’t love Prince??

12. mary b January 16, 2014 at 8:07 pm #

visiting Seattle from PDX this weekend, show me what it’s all about!

13. Andrew January 17, 2014 at 10:15 am #