If you love pumpkin, then this weekend’s Orting Pumpkin Festival is for you. A celebration of all things pumpkin, the festival features tons of pumpkin-themed foods, a Salmon BBQ, Car Show, Children’s parade & More! Stop on by! You won’t regret the pumpkin sloppy joes!
FREE SEATTLE: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Seattle. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
Related Seattle Events & Info
- Halloween: Seattle Halloween Events, Parties, Costume Contests, Pictures
- Win Registration ($100): Dawn of the Dead Dash | Nighttime Urban Zombie Run, Costume Contest, After Party, Hunt or be Hunted (Oct. 19)
- Win Tickets ($78): Seattle’s Largest Halloween Party: Pulse @ EMP Museum | Costume Contest, 2,000+ People, $4,000 in Prizes, Pre-Party, Brand X, DJ Funkdaddy (Oct. 26)
- Win Tickets ($30): Georgetown Haunted History Tour | Seattle Halloween Tradition, Haunting Tales, Costumes (Oct 17-20)
Orting Pumpkin Fest
October 12, 2013
10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Free | All Ages
More info: tacomaevents.com
The Orting Pumpkin Fest is primarily a food festival featuring items on the menu with pumpkin as a main ingredient.
A few examples might be pumpkin sloppy joe burgers and chili dogs, pumpkin milkshakes, pumpkin pie, brownies and cider, pumpkin spice cotton candy, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin smoothies, caramel apples, elephant ears with pumpkin butter, pumpkin pizza, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin cheese cake, cream cheese pumpkin rolls, kettle corn, and more.
Everything is not pumpkin flavored – other good non-pumpkin flavored food and beverages will be available too.
Along with the great food is free entertainment on the Gazebo Stage and the Car Show next to the Orting Station.
Orting Pumpkin Fest Features:
- Food & beverage booths with pumpkin specialties
- Live entertainment for all ages on two stages
- Worthy Music Ministries Family Entertainment Stage (see schedule below)
- Rod & Custom Car Show
- Salmon BBQ, salmon and environmental exhibitors
- Games, Bounce House & Amusements for kids
- Bring a carved or peculiar pumpkin for display
- Bring a pumpkin recipe item for judging
- Arts and Crafts vendors in the park
- Miniature Horse Parade and Display
- Little Pumpkin Pals Parade – Saturday at noon
(Open to kids in pumpkin-themed costumes to parade on the Foothills Trail from the Bell Tower to Route 66 Pizza and back to the gazebo. Prizes will be awarded by age group. Check in for judging and entries will be done at the info booth by the bell tower. Sponsored by Rainbow Connection Early Learning Centers)
Little Pumpkin Pals
Children ages 2 to 12 are invited to enter the Little Pumpkin Pals Parade along the Foothills Trail. Rules and registration forms are available at the booth by the bell tower starting at 11:00 a.m. Saturday Oct. 8th before the parade starts. The event is intended to be a casual and fun way to involve young children and their families in the festive spirit of the Pumpkin Fest. Kids are encouraged to wear festive costumes or attire that celebrates the pumpkin theme (not Halloween). It’s easy to participate. The organizers just want kids to come and have fun! It’s the most important parade rule.
Family Stage Schedule
- 10:00 am to 10:30 am Orting High School Choir
- 10:30 am to 11:15 am Tony Easterly
- 11:15 am to 11:30 am Jasmine Fuller
- 11:30 am to 12:30 pm Jet Cities Chorus
- 12:30 pm to 1:15 pm Susan Murphy
- 1:15 pm to 2:30 pm Foxley
- 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm Swing Low
- 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Dylan & Dulcinea Hatch
- 3:30 – 4:00 pm Upward Bound in the Fifth Dimension + Special Guests
- 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm Along the Way
Car Show Stage
- 11:00 AM – NOON Jeweled Scarab Dance Comp Billly Ray Russell
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM Alyx Phippen (Modern) Alyx Phippen
- 1:30 – 2:30 PM Thai Barker (Blues) Thai Barker
- 3:00 – 5:30 PM Jasper Wilson (Classic Rock)
Our new Seattle Events App is available for iPhones and Android! Now, you can have all of the great Seattle events and ticket giveaways from the website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download iPhone Events App here
Download Android Events App here