If you don’t want to take that costume off after all these Friday & Saturday Halloween parties, we are giving away a pair of tickets to the Run Scared 5K or 4K Walk at Seward Park on Sunday, October 28th. To win, comment on this post why you would like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed on Friday, October 26th.
REMINDER: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every month including to many of the top events in Seattle. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
Earn your candy at the fourth annual Run Scared 5K run, 4K walk and free Kids Dash, benefiting The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Celebrate Halloween with a scary dash around Seward Park. Registration includes a finisher’s mug, fully supported course, free event photos, post-race treats, costume contest for people and furry friends, gear check, chip timing for accuracy, a free kids dash and tons of spooky fun. All while benefiting a great cause!
To better plan your costume, the following categories will be a part of the contest: Overall costume, Scariest Costume, Funniest Costume, Most Original Costume, Team Costume, Kids Costume, Doggie Costume
The scary details:
- Sunday, October 28th at 9:00am in Seattle’s Seward Park 5K fun run and 4K walk
- Proceeds benefiting The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Packet pickup and registration start at 7:30am
- Teams of 10 or more receive $5 off each entry and are eligible for prizes for best dressed
- Walkers, children, strollers and dogs on short leashes welcome
$20 through July 31$25 August 1-August 31$30 September 1 – October 29$35 Day of Race
- Free kids dash
The fun stuff:
- Prizes for best costumes
- Post-race doggie costume contest
- Tons of random door prizes
- Prizes for top runners
- Finish line party with Halloween treats
- Free event photos
- A finisher’s mug
- Gorgeous traffic free course along the shores of Lake Washington
- Gear check
- USATF sanctioned race
- Chip timed for accuracy
- All for a great cause!
Course map can be found here.
Volunteer Opportunities: Not a runner? On the injured list? Just want to help put on a great event for a great cause? There are many volunteer opportunities available. Please look here for all the info.