To celebrate Fall Equinox, the Fremont Arts Council is hosting a lantern parade around Green Lake Park. Open to all!
FREE TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Seattle. Join our email list if you like free stuff!
Luminata: Lantern Parade
Friday, September 21, 2012 | dusk (around 7 p.m.)
Boat House on South shore of Green Lake Park
7201 E Green Lake Dr N, Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 684-4075 | More info: www.fremontartscouncil.org
On the heels of the joyful & exuberant 24th annual Fremont Solstice Parade, the Fremont Arts Council will celebrate the autumnal equinox on Friday September 21st with the sweet & illuminating ‘Luminata’ lantern parade around Green Lake Park in Seattle.
Meet at dusk (~7pm) at the Boat House on the South shores of Green Lake Park. The parade begins just after dark.
The fall equinox is a wonderful time for celebrating the change of seasons. Many traditions around the world recognize the last days of the productive summer are about to shift into the dark and introspective time of winter. Lanterns are a beautiful symbol of our spirit as a community that will sustain us through the cold months.
Related Seattle Events and Ticket Giveaways:
- Events: Our Seattle Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- September 22: Seattle Architecture Foundation Harvard Belmont District Tour: The Rich Life Of Capitol Hill
- September 22: Women in Innovation Summit – Women of the Next Fifty @ Seattle Center (more info)
- September 21-23: Fremont Oktoberfest | Beer Garden, Chainsaw Pumpkin Carving, Live Music, & More (Win Tickets, $30)