Seattle’s Department of Parks and Recreation invites you out to sample what they’re all about! This FREE, all-ages event includes a youth basketball tournament, Snag Golf, boating activities, a roller derby demonstration, and so much more!
FREE TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Seattle. Join our email list if you like free stuff!
Warren G. Magnuson Park
7400 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115
(206) 684-4561 | More info: www.bigdayofplay.com
At the Big Day of Play there will be plenty of opportunities to learn about what Seattle Parks and Recreation and our community partners offer in the way of fun activities and healthy food.
Boating activities at the North Shore Recreation Area: Kayaking, Stand-Up Paddle boarding, canoeing in the (10-person) Voyager, and sailing experiences. The Harbor Patrol will be there with a rigid inflatable boat and dive van. The swimming beach and wading pool will be open from Noon-7 pm. FUZE beverages will be offering product samples and will have two food trucks on site.
- Earn PCC ‘Bucks’: Try an activity, earn a ticket, redeem for a snack.
- Sports Radio KJR, 950 AM, 102.9 FM, broadcasting live from the park.
- 3 on 3 Youth Basketball Tournament.
- Snag Golf for the whole family. Learn more here.
- Boating activities at the North Shore Recreation Area.
- Demonstration of roller derby in Building 30 – and an opportunity to try it out!
- Laser Tag!
Related Seattle Events and Ticket Giveaways:
- Events: Our Seattle Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- August 25: Seattle Architecture Foundation Harvard Belmont District Tour: The Rich Life Of Capitol Hill
- August 25 & 26: Tibet Fest @ Seattle Center
- August 26: Beacon Rocks Festival @ RockIt Space | Live Music, Street Food, Bartering, Artisan Vendors, & More
Activities for all Ages!
Toddler Programs – Under 5
- Nerf Soccer
- Toddler Play Park (inside)
- Arts & Crafts
- Face Painting
- Wetland Walks
Youth Programs – 6-12 years
- Checkers, Chess
- Music (Guitar and Piano)
- Ladder Golf
- Soccer Skills
- Arts & Crafts
- Quick Start Tennis
- Wetland Walks
- Clay Sculpting
- Dance Hip Hop & Zumba
- Fitness Testing
- Basketball Skills
- Button Making
- Bucket Drumming
- Spin Dorphin
- Challenge Course
- Low Ropes Course
- 4-H Exhibits
Adult & Senior Programs
- Snag Golf
- Build a Mural Project
- Helmet Fitting
- Garden and Wetland Walks
On the Main Stage
- (Approximate start times)
- 10:00 AM Pacific Northwest Drumline
- 10:25 AM Welcome – Superintendent Christopher Williams
- 10:45 AM Hot Yoga (Green Lake)
- 11:00 AM Hawaiian Dancers (Green Lake)
- 11:25 AM Hip Hop Dance (Rainier)
- 11:45 AM Aerobics (Noel – Van Asselt)
- Noon Cascade Jugglers (Ballard)
- 12:15 PM Music by DJ Sureal
- 12:40 PM Mach One Jazz Orchestra (BIG BAND)
Demonstration to music by Mach One Jazz
Zumba (Maricres Meadowbrook)
Ballroom Dance (Miller)
- 1:40 PM Music by DJ George and Zydeco Dance
- 2:00 PM Mach One Jazz
- Koasamai Thai
- Fusion on the Run
- Big Food Mobile
- Crisp Creperie
- Contigo Contemporary Mexican
- Molly Moon Ice Cream
- Jamba Juice
- The Seattle Seahawks Play 60
- Austin Foundation
- Green Seattle Partnership
- Seattle Transportation- Walk, Bike, Ride Program
- American Heart Association
- Seattle Futsal
- Dodge Ride and Drive
- Kind Healthy Snacks
- Monkeyshine Coaching & Pointless Fun
- Health and wellness/fitness information booths from other for profit and nonprofit organizations
We need volunteers to help organize the Healthy Parks, Healthy You Event. If you want to give something back to the health and fitness community, support a friend or family member, or simply enjoy the park, come join our volunteer family.
Volunteers are needed to help with the following:
- Pre-event setup
- Refreshment booth
- First aid stations
- Water stations
For more information about volunteer opportunities, please call Theresa McEwen at (206) 615-0691 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Flag Football Tournament – Canceled due to low registration.
3 on 3 Basketball Tournament for Youth and Teens – This fun tournament is open to every kind of baller: short, tall, college players, recreation league champion, intramural player, or gym rat. Our youngest players must be entering the 2nd grade during the fall of 2012. If you are a collegiate athlete you may need to check with your Athletic Director prior to participating, as prizes are given to the winners of each bracket. This Tournament is not an NCAA certified event.
- Click here to download the 3 on 3 Basketball brochure
- Click here to register online, register in person at any local community center or fax registration forms to (206) 684-7229, Attn: Junior Kitiona
- Team price: $45
Take the Bus! Metro Bus routes serving Magnuson Park: #30, #74, and #75.
Free Shuttle Bus transportation pickups at 9 am and return trips leaving Magnuson Park at 3:00 pm. Call one of these locations to register for a shuttle ride. Seating is limited, so register soon!
High Point CC (West Seattle) 206-684-7422
Rainier CC (South Seattle) 206-386-1919
Yesler CC (Central Seattle) 206-386-1245