Employees of Geocaching.com and geocachers from all over invite you to come out Groundspeak HQ for a high-tech scavenger hunt!
All levels — beginner to advanced — welcome! Come out, use GPS to navigate your way to geocache prizes, and enjoy some urban outdoor adventure!
FREE TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Seattle. Join our email list if you like free stuff!
Geocaching Block Party
Saturday, August 18, 2012 | 11 a.m.-3 p.m. |
837 N. 34th St. Suite 300, Seattle, WA
More info: www.facebook.com
Celebrate International Geocaching Day!
The 2012 Geocaching Block Party will be on August 18. It’s when the world celebrates International Geocaching Day. Geocaching.com employees (Lackeys) and hundreds of other geocachers will join the celebration outside of our HQ in Seattle, WA. Geocachers from around the world are planning to attend!
Related Seattle Events and Ticket Giveaways:
- Events: Our Seattle Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- All Month: The Rolling Stones 1972, Photographs by Jim Marshall
- August 18: Awesome Women Expo 2012 | Networking, Mini-Seminars, Food & Drink, & Focus on Self-Improvement
- August 19: New School Noise 2012 featuring Key Nyata, Dave B, Rebel, Sean Brooks, Ant Beezy, Fresh Preserves, & A Rawlo @ Neumos | The Pacific Northwest’s Top Up-and-Coming Artists (Win Tickets, $20)
There will be many activities (like geocaching and more geocaching) and attendees will earn a special icon. Log your “Will Attend” now! Click the link for the cache page and other events scheduled throughout the weekend http://coord.info/GC38J9N
The 2012 Block Party will be on August 18 from 11 am to 3 pm. This is also the second International Geocaching Day! The celebration will be held outside of the Groundspeak HQ in Seattle.
Block Party attendees will earn a special icon and enjoy activities including:
- Beginner, intermediate, and advanced geocaching courses – Coordinates are available for download at the bottom of this page
- Geocaching Mad Libs
- Challenge activities around Fremont
- A bungee bull
- Pin the antenna on Signal
- Design your own pirate hat (for kids)
Here is a map of the party with a schedule of the day’s events:
There should be a fair amount of street parking nearby. We suggest trying across Fremont Avenue to the west and walking along the lovely Burke-Gilman Trail to the event.
We also encourage you to bring a water bottle. If the day is as hot as it was last year, you’ll want it! There will be a water refill station at the event.
Download Geocaching Courses Here
(To download, right click on link and choose Save Link As)