The neighborhood of Phinney-Greenwood invites you to its annual block party. There are soccer tournaments, a 5k, a kids’ bike parade, live music, chair massages, and so much more! Also this year: Seattle’s Largest Canned Food Pyramid, with over 2,500 cans of healthy food collected last year for the Greenwood Food Bank. Be a part of it! All this and closed-off streets for pedestrian-friendly fun.
FREE TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Seattle. Join our email list if you like free stuff!
PhinneyWood Summer Streets Party
Friday, August 10, 2012 | 6 p.m.-10 p.m. | Free
Greenwood Avenue/Phinney Avenue from N 87th to N 67th Street
In the Phinney and Greenwood Neighborhood
More info: www.seattle.gov
Activity map here.
Tell your neighbors, tell your friends! Friday, August 10 is a party along Greenwood!
This free event opens the city’s largest public space – its streets – so people can walk, bike, roll, run, skip and shop – without having to watch out for cars! Summer Streets is partnering with the Phinney Neighborhood Association for some good old fashioned fun.
- Race in Waste Management’s recycling relays
- Learn about SPU’s Puget Sound Starts Here and Restore Our Waters programs through Jeopardy
- Shop at the 3rd Annual Street Art Fair hosted by Tasty. Tasty will donate at least 30% of all art sales to AmeriCorps St. Louis to help rebuild St. Louis, a year after a devastating tornado.
- View fine art of several mediums. i.e. painting, printmaking, woodcarving, and stone carving happen in front of Art on the Ridge
- Watch art canvases come alive in front of the Greenwood Collective
- Tickle the ivories on A-1 Pianos out on the street
- Participate in, or relax and watch, a Soccer Tournament hosted by Naked City Brewery and The Yard – FULL
- Sample coffee in the 2nd Coffee Taste Off
- Learn about the amazing varieties of fruit grown by local family farms and witness a baked pie contest at the Phinney Phruit Phestival at the Farmers Market
- Do the Gumshoe 5K a FUNdraiser for the Greenwood Senior Center, Food Bank and Elementary School PTA
- ‘Find the Pig’ a scavenger hunt for stuffed wild pig dolls donated by the Woodland Park Zoo
- Make flowers with Flowers of Lesotho to benefit orphans and vulnerable children in Southern Africa
- Enjoy music played by Hollow Earth Radio DJs
- Talk to neighborhood Police Officers during one of the “Officer Chats”
- Participate in Detective Cookie’s Youth Chess games
- Be a part of the Kids Bike Parade with Cascade Bicycle Club and SPD. Meet at 6PM at Greenwood & 85th to decorate your bikes. Parade starts at 6:30PM and ends where the Bubbleman will be performing thanks to Metropolis
- Watch Tai Chi & Qigong Demonstrations and Spontaneous Buddhist Dance by the Taoist Studies Institute
- Get chair massages by Rhea Healing Essentials
- Stop by the PNW Folklore Society Coffeehouse Concert being held at Couth Buzzard
- AND SO MUCH MORE
Related Seattle Events and Ticket Giveaways:
- Events: Our Seattle Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- All Month: The Rolling Stones 1972, Photographs by Jim Marshall opens July 14
- All Month: Red Hook Moonlight Cinema Schedule: Bridesmaids, Zoolander, & More | Brews, BBQ, Outdoor Movies
- August 10: Lebowski Fest – Seattle Movie Party @ Showbox at The Market
- August 11: U-District’s Farmers Market Annual Chef Contest | Palace Kitchen vs Serafina Restaurant
We are bringing back Seattle’s Largest Canned Food Pyramid too! Last year we collected over 2,500 cans of healthy food for the Greenwood Food Bank. Plan on bringing your donations to Summer Streets and we’ll build an even bigger pyramid this year. The pyramid is being built in the Ken’s Market parking lot at N 73rd Street and Greenwood.