It’s that time of the month again! Pioneer Square’s First Thursday is tonight. This open-air event runs noon-8PM, and you can plan your route with this interactive map from First Thursday Seattle.
FREE TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Seattle. Join our email list if you like free stuff!
More Seattle Events and Ticket Giveaways:
- Events: Our Seattle August Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- Scavenger Hunt: Save 50% On Seattle Scavenger Hunts | Pike Place Market, Art Museum, Central Library
- Win Tickets ($50): Lily Verlaine & Jasper McCann debut Burlesco DiVino: Wine in Rome | Burlesque Pageantry (August 8-10)
- Win Tickets ($24): Celestial Bodies – A Burlesque Celebration of the Heavens and Beyond | Sci Fi Burlesque (August 4)
- Win Tickets ($25): Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs w/ The New Law + Justin Timbreline (Decibel) @ the Barboza (August 5)
- Win Tickets ($20): Kiss The Gunner’s Daughter and Windowpane w/ Black Diamond + Lacero @ Neumos (August 3)
- PDX Pipeline: MANY Portland First Thursday Events: Pearl, Old Town Chinatown, NW, SW
First Thursday Seattle Art Walk 2012 Info:
From First Thursday Seattle:
First Thursday Seattle Art Walk 2012
June 5, 2012 | 12 p.m.-8 p.m.
Throughout Pioneer Square
More info: www.firstthursdayseattle.com
Since the early 1960s, Pioneer Square’s Victorian storefronts and dusty upper floors have provided a haven for gallery owners and artists alike. Today this artistic community is the center of Seattle’s art scene.
First Thursday in Pioneer Square is the first Art Walk in the USA. In 1981 a group of Pioneer Square art dealers printed handout maps, did small-scale promotions, and on the first Thursday of the month painted footprints on the sidewalk outside their galleries. First Thursday soon evolved into a beloved fixture on the local arts calendar.
Today, First Thursday takes place each month in Seattle’s historic Pioneer Square neighborhood, from noon to 8PM, when leading art galleries throw open their doors to introduce their new exhibitions and artists. For more information about opening events at specific galleries, refer to our venue search feature.
The Art Walk in Pioneer Square is enhanced by the dozens of public art installations that can be found when walking between galleries. From the historic Native American Totem Poles in Occidental and Pioneer Square parks to the bright red “Sentinels” on guard outside the new Fire Station 10. A complete list can be found at www.seattle.gov.
Along with being the official source of information about First Thursday, firstthursdayseattle.com contains a wealth of information about the art galleries, venues, exhibits and events happening in Pioneer Square every day of the month!