Enjoy beautiful Lake Union while watching exciting boat races! Come cheer on your favorite team and even get in a dragon boat while you’re there.
FREE TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Seattle. Join our email list if you like free stuff!
Related Seattle Events and Ticket Giveaways:
- Events: Our Seattle Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- All Month: The Rolling Stones 1972, Photographs by Jim Marshall opens July 14
- All Month: Red Hook Moonlight Cinema Schedule: Bridesmaids, Zoolander, & More | Brews, BBQ, Outdoor Movies
- Every Thursday: Burien Music in the Park, Thursdays thru August
Seattle Dragon Boat Festival Info:
Seattle Dragon Boat Festival
Sunday, July 29, 2012 | 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. (schedule below) | Free
Lake Union Park
860 Terry Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
(604) 688-2382 | More info: www.seattledragonboatfestival.net
It’s a perfect July day in Seattle. Take a deep breath – that’s saltwater and roasting coffee beans you smell. The temperature is balmy, the sky is blue, the sun bounces off the water of South Lake Union … and the dragon boats are ripping up the water.
The 8th Annual Seattle Dragon Boat Festival on July 28th, 2012 features a fabulous sunny day of fun with entertainment, arts and crafts to keep the kids busy, food, and of course, exciting dragon boat races. You can cheer your favorite team on to victory, and if you’re game, we invite you to get in a dragon boat and try out the sport with friends and family.
South Lake Union is the perfect spot for hosting an event – walking distance from trendy eateries, fashionable stores, and of course, those ubiquitous and wonderful Seattle coffee shops. For visiting teams, hotels are as close as across the street.
Admission is free to the general public.
Come celebrate with us, and take the opportunity to share in the excitement as we paddle into the summer sunset!
|8:30 am||Taoist Blessing Ceremony and the “Awakening of the Dragons”|
|9 am||Races begin|
|11 am||Booths open and activities begin|
|Food and Beverage Garden Opens|
|Team Survivor Northwest fundraising activities begin|
|Dragon Boat try-outs begin|
|5 pm||Awards and Party|
- Learn to paddle a dragon boat
- Dragon Boat Races, all categories, from first timers to elite –
- Try-It-Out sport activities
- Games and hands on activities
- Fun Stuff for Kids
- Food and Beverage booths