Registration sold out in a mere 4 days, but you’re still welcome to come out and cheer on competitors of varying skill levels in “the Fattest Race in Seattle!”
FREE TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Seattle. Join our email list if you like free stuff!
Related Seattle Events and Ticket Giveaways:
- Events: Our Seattle Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- All Month: Red Hook Moonlight Cinema Schedule: Bridesmaids, Zoolander, & More | Brews, BBQ, Outdoor Movies
- July 21: Planet Home Sustainable Living Festival
- July 21 & 22: Bon Odori Festival @ Seattle Buddhist Temple | Music, Dancing, Food, Crafts
- July 20-22: Kirkland Uncorked Regional Showcase of Art, Food & Wine On Lake Washington (Win Tickets, $60+)
Fat Salmon Open Water Swim Info:
Fat Salmon Open Water Swim
Saturday, July 21, 2012 | 8:15 a.m. | Free to watch
(location info below), Seattle, WA
More info: www.fatsalmonswim.org
The Fat Salmon Open Water Swim is the premier Open Water Swimming Event in the Seattle Area and the Northwest. Hundreds of Swimmers have participated in this event since it was first run in 1999.
Two swimming distances are offered to accommodate swimmers with different levels of experience and ability. Swimmers who are new to Open Water Swimming or who are more comfortable swimming a shorter distance can wet their toes with our 1.2 mile swim. Those with more experience who want to challenge themselves with a truly long-distance event should opt for our 3.2 mile swim.
Both swims take place in Lake Washington, a large fresh water lake in Seattle, WA. The 3.2 mile swim starts under the I-90 bridge and follows the shore to Madison Park. The 1.2 mile course starts up the beach at Denny Blaine Park, intersects with the 3.2 mile course and also finishes at Madison Park. See our course map for details.
Fat Salmon is hosted by the Green Lake Aqua Ducks Master’s Swim Team. Many thanks for all their help and support of this great event.
- 6:15 – 7:15 AM: Check-in for both races
- 7:20 AM: MANDATORY Pre-Race Meeting for ALL swimmers
- 7:35 AM: 3.2 mile swimmers carpool to Day Street Boat Ramp. 1.2 mile swimmers can relax for a while, and then walk or carpool to Denny Blaine Park.
DAY STREET BOAT RAMP
- 8:15 AM: Estimated start of 3.2-mile race
DENNY BLAINE PARK
- 9:00 AM: Estimated start of 1.2-mile race